Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Never Gonna Miss What I Left Behind ...

Our modern society is all controlled by "groups, clicks and clichés". It's beginning to be impossible to be yourself and enjoy who you are and what you have to give. People spend their lives trying to perfect something that brings them so little joy. They spend thousands upon thousands of dollars  to get the "in" look, to fit in and be noticed, for what? for who?, does this actually make them feel better?

I have never really understood the need to change the person who you really are to impress someone, I have on occasions gone to the trouble to make a ever lasting first impression, but I did learn quite quickly that at the end of the day it just wasn't worth. I've grown out of the need to follow trends and be what everyone wants me to be. 

I've met a few really interesting people in the past few weeks, A hand full of them are unique and understand who they are, they don't follow what others around them are doing, but instead do there own thing, and encourage me to be who I really am. After you meet someone who appreciates who you are and you don't have to change anything about how you act, It makes you realize that, you need to clean out the people who take this away from you .....

No comments: